How We Can
ELM acknowledges the reactive nature of healthcare risk management – reacting to problems, reacting to claims, reacting to litigation, reacting to regulation. However, we believe that preparedness through education leads to better outcomes and our focus is to prevent problems from occurring in the first place.
Through our intuitive online platform, ELM has the ability to provide medical-legal education unbound by geographic and time constraints. ELM programs:
- Expansive Course Library — ELM offers more than 140 different Course Topics in 26 different medical specialties.
- Convenience — Participants take courses at their own convenient time and place.
- Distribution — ELM programs are accessible to all healthcare providers, regardless of location or comfort-level with technology.
- Scalability — ELM clients can manage very large provider groups without significant additional resources.
- Customized, relevant, and targeted topics — ELM clients can target programs for individual provider types (e.g., physician, nurse, resident); specialty (e.g., pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency medicine); facility (e.g., hospital, physician group); or a combination of variables.
- Real-time reporting — ELM clients have access to an administrative site – available anytime, anywhere.
- “Just-in-time” education — ELM has the ability to distribute targeted education programs to groups of providers on very short notice.
- Meeting multiple initiatives — ELM courses can be utilized for credentialing, regulatory compliance, state Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)/ABMS/IOM core competencies, The Joint Commission recommendations and risk management and patient safety initiatives, among others.